Diamond Sound 100W + 212DS
Laboga amplifier Diamond Sound 100Watt (DS-100W)
DS is an exclusive line of amplifiers and columns built hand-made in Wroclaw, which includes Head, Combo (one or two speaker) and a dedicated speaker cabinet.
For the construction of the amplifier Point-to-point technology was used.
The amplifier is a dual channel design, fully tube. It was built as in years 60s-70s, or technology point-to-point. This solution has enabled the designer (Adam Laboga) the implementation of all construction plans and maintaining the sound of a hand-made amplifier built with traditional elements of the highest quality.
The amplifier system did not use a single chip or transistor.
We met guitarists needs that use stompboxes and equipped our amplifier with a serial effects loop, which can be switched on or off with footswitch.
A three-way switch "Mid Switch" is used for tone control, which changes the nature/color of the tone control. Different settings of this switch result in the frequency shift of the Middle filter tone control and change in the amount of bass.
Additionally, the clean channel has the "Bright" switch, which provides a choice of two different ranges to lighten the tone. With this solution, we can get sound from dark to bright and crystal clear.
Pot "Solo" gives You a posibility to set a second distorion volume.
Amplifier has a wide bandwidth with incredible dynamics, captures articulation, and has a wide range of gain on the distortion channel. Therefore you can get a sound from blues to metal using only a guitar and cable. According to many leading Polish guitarists who participated in the design and shaping of the sound of this amplifier, it is one of the world's best products in the class of tube amplifiers.
Diamond Sound 100W specification:
- Power: 100W
- Tubes used: 4 x EL34, 3 x ECC83
- Two channels - clean and distorted,
- Clean, Volume 1 - clean channel; Drive, Volume 2, Solo - distortion channel,
- Common tone regulation for both channels Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence with a Mid Switch switch,
- bright switch for the clean channel,
- Footswitch socket: channel and loops, switching on relays,
- Series effects loop
- Speaker output 1 x 16 ohm, 8 ohm x 2, 2 x 4 ohm
- Weight: 17kg
- Dimensions (26 height x 22 depth x 68 width)
Cabinet 212DS is based on two Celestion: Vintage 30s
This speakers are thought to be the best guitar speakers.
This cabinet has a modern closed enclosure.
On the back side are 2 jack sockets which are designed to connect amplifier or another cabinet. Thanks to that, one can avoid using long connecting cables between the cabinets and the amplifier in a "chain" usage.
Use of two speakers effected that the tone is better than cabinets with 4 speakers and it is not so troublesome. A set of two 212 cabinets is more universal than a 412 cabinet itself.
- CLASSIC - made from plywood which causes that the sound to be drier, but there is a very quick response and the sound is clearer.
- Power: 120W RMS,
- Celestion speakers: 2x Vintage 30
- Impendence: 4Ω, 8 Ω or 16Ω,
- Output: 2 - connected in a parallel way
- Dimensions: 740 x 440 x 320,
- Weight: 24,5 kg,
- a possibility of fixing wheels.
The product above is the result of a 45-year-old tradition of "Laboga" Adam Laboga, in which are used experience, knowledge, and copyright technical solutions.